Hi there! Can you believe it's already time for a new favourites post? As I mentioned in my last post, July was kind of up and down for me, so I didn't get around to posting as many recipes as I would have liked to. But that's life! Hopefully I'll sneak a few more posts in before leaving for Portugal in the middle of the month. Up next I'll be sharing my recipe for vegan and gluten free garlicky summer pasta with zucchini and cherry tomatoes - it's not one to miss, so be sure to check back a little later on in the week.
Even though July was not all that I thought it would be, there are always favourite moments in the mix. So without further delay, here are some of my faves from the month of July. Enjoy!
- Traveling to Italy at the beginning of the month - of particular note was our visit to our wedding venue and spending the day on Lake Braies
- Eating my favourite pralines from when I used to live in Brussels, delivered to me straight from Belgium (Thanks Jean-Daniel, it was nice seeing you!)
- Enjoying a game of retro bowling in Bloomsbury
- Strolling through Regents Park and admiring the roses in Queen Mary's Gardens (see lead photo)
- Enjoying street food here and here
- Reading about new advances in urban composting
- Buying the best organic white peaches *ever* and this jam (finally - it's not always in stock!) this Saturday at our local market
- Hearing Naomi Klein speak about her new book, 'No Is Not Enough' at the Southbank Centre and getting a signed copy of her book (Thanks Ruth for the invite!)
- Finding out that there is a new Tibits restaurant south of the Thames (!!)